Junior Systems Software Engineer
Junior Systems Software Engineer
Position code: JSSE-0321
We are looking for Junior Systems Software Engineers to join our growing Business Software
OSS/BSS Engineering team. The ideal candidate should be a hands-on software builder with
experience in developing scalable data platforms. Candidates will assess a problem and design a
new system or improve the existing one to make it better and more efficient. They must be at ease
working in an agile environment with little supervision. These persons should embody a passion
for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
• Carrying out corrective and maintenance actions in case of errors and malfunctions in order to
ensure the functionality of the components in the production environment.
• Developing programs, new architectures, functionalities and tools for development and
• Contributing to the optimization of the operating system, the SW, the tuning of the base
software, and the sizing of the managed archives.
• Developing, optimizing and organizing training for the systems within his/her competence.
• Designing and executing technical tests on the systems within his/her competence.
• Optimizing the base SW operating system and installed database resources, ensuring the
correct functioning and optimal architecture in relation to technological evolution and company
• Performing tuning of base SW, subsystems and programs and capacity planning studies.
• Optimizing the sizing of managed archives.
• Carrying out research and development activities for new SW solutions.
• Performing functionality analysis and provides application consulting.
• Application Management.
• Provide systems support to software development teams.
• Assist in installation and deployments of new/existing software infrastructure.
• Undertake maintenance and operations tasks of Enterprise Information Systems, including the
monitoring of software services, logs, and incidents, as well as the daily software
redeployments, release management, and planning.
• Participate in the development of web and mobile software using state-of-the-art techniques
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject.
• Related technical experience in application management.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science and / or relevant Certifications will be considered
• Middleware experience in a Linux environment.
• Experience working with operate/support of applications running on RHE Linux.
• Good understanding of Java policy configuration would be appreciated.
• Understanding of install, diagnostics, automation, and support would be an asset.
• Working effectively with others in a team environment while enhancing a positive atmosphere.
• Attention to detail and ability to work in a team.
• Customer service orientation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills both in Greek and English.
• Ability to learn quickly and understand internal business processes / functions.
Our company offers:
• Competitive salary.
• Bonus based on performance.
• Training and Development opportunities.
• Continuous opportunities for career development in a dynamic, multi-national environment.
To apply for this position please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org by citing the position code.